See Dr Gram on CW channel 6 in San Diego 12/17/09. His topic is going to be the proper way to cleanse your facial skin.
Archive for December, 2009
Face cleansing techniques:
- Wash your hands. You don’t want to transfer all the dirt, grime and bacteria from your hands to your face.
- Wash your hair first because most shampoos and conditioners have parabens and waxes in them.
- Remove any make-up you have on before cleansing your face with SKIN1 clarifying toner..
- Wet face with warm water to open up pores. Not too hot because you can burst capillaries and shock your skin which can result in those sensitive red marks usually found around the nose and cheeks.
- Choose either SKIN1 by Dr Gram daily or clarifying cleanser depending on what your skin needs.
- Use a nickel to quarter size amount of cleanser on your choice of cleansing tool and rub in small and gentle circular motions. This will help prevent breaking the collagen and elastin down which leads to fine lines and wrinkles.
- Micro-fiber wash cloth
- Clarisonic Facial Brush
- Rinse with cool water to close the pores but not cold water because you can shock your skin.
- After rinsing you want to pat your face dry with a clean dry soft towel.
- Most important is to moisturize after cleansing no matter what type of skin you have. Moisturizers lock in the moisture and can help keep fine lines and wrinkle away.
So you have combination skin which is your face is partly oily and partly dry. I will offer a few good tips to care for combo skin to keep you looking balanced and good.
Use SKIN1 daily or clarifying cleanser up to twice a day because you need to train your skin to produce oil evenly. SKIN1 cleansers are mild, non drying formulas that will help train your skin to not over produce oil in the dry areas and under produce oil in the oily areas.
One step that most people neglect or just skip is the toner. Both men and women should follow the 3 basic rules to skincare. CLEANSE.TONE.MOISTURIZER. The function of a non-drying toner is to get the dirt that the cleanser could not get. SKIN1 clarifying toner is a non-drying formula that will clean the skin but not strip the skin of the essential oils that it need to stay healthy and looking young which is what we are all after.
Use SKIN1 daily moisturizer. Moisturizers have a couple of functions they control the rate of water evaporation from your skin and moisturizers add nutrients to the skin to help maintain the elasticity of the skin.
When wearing make-up use oil- absorbing make-up on oily areas to control shine.
Always use a sun protection product with a minimum of SPF 15. Keep your eye out in late January or early February SKIN1 moisturizer with SPF will be available in an SPF 25 with both traditional and mineral sunscreens. Now you’re getting the best of both worlds of SPF.
Ways to diminish wrinkles
Protect your skin from UV ray exposure! This means using a moisturizer, SPF products, and reapplying as needed throughout the day. Remember that great skin comes from more than just using SKIN1 products, you can also help your skin by eating healthy and staying hydrated. Eat lots of fish, fruits, vegetables that are rich in omega 3′s, vitamins and minerals that fight the development of free radicals in the body. Keep your skin hydrated by drinking plenty of water and try to avoid drinks with tons of sugar and caffeine but they can increase the fine lines and wrinkles. That means stay away from coffee, black teas and cola.
Another key that is normally not associated with healthy skin is sleep…8 hours a day decreases your stress because stress can increase the aging of the skin. Let’s not forget exercise I know that to most of us that is an ugly word but a little exercise will go a long way in keep you and your skin healthy
So use SKIN1, use SPF, eat healthy, drink water, exercise and sleep will keep you and your skin looking younger longer.