Dr Gram’s Wellness Recommendations for Taking Care of Your Eczema
- Prevention – The key to controlling eczema is prevention. Avoid or reduce your exposure to soaps and cleansers that have sulfates. If the cleanser you use has a lot of bubbles it has sulfates and that can irritate your skin. Try to avoid household cleaners, detergents, and wool clothing.
- CLEANSE, TONE, and MOISTURIZE –My motto to young healthy skin for men, women, and children.
- Don’t Scratch – Do not scratch even if it itches! Get some over the counter Hydrocortisone with aloe to help the itch. Scratching can further irritate the skin and can even cause the skin to break and crack, opening the door to infection.
- Identify Your Triggers – Take the time to identify your triggers. This can help you to avoid or limit your exposure to the offending item even better. If you think a food item is causing your problems, talk to your doctor about getting an allergy test or try an elimination diet to help you identify the offending product.
- Keep Hands Dry – Be sure to dry your hands completely after you wash them and don’t forget to remove your rings and dry them too.
- Wear Protective Gloves – Wear gloves when your hands will be exposed to anything that can irritate them.
- Stress Management – Harder to do than just saying reduce your stress but if you regularly exercise, try breathing techniques, biofeedback, meditation and yoga these things can help reduce your stress. I practice these methods and my stress levels are much more controllable now.
Eczema is inflammation in your skin so if you use GRAM Skincare it will also help reduce the inflammation and help control your eczema. If you have have severe eczema do not use the daily scrub, stick to the cleansers.